Salt Creek Area 21 Camping is located at South Park, just one half mile south of down town Farmer City. We have 21 primitive camp sites on 10 acres. Camping is free via phone registration at 309-928-3412 by leaving your name, number and site you are staying at.
We have a camping area for large groups with plenty or room for 5-6 tents. We have 21 picnic tables and 21 fire pit/grill combos areas that were donated from people and businesses.
There are restroom facilities at the park. The park is open from March 1st until December 1st (weather pending).
Quiet hours at the park are 10pm – 6 am.
Primitive Camping Rules and Requirements
- All campers must register by calling 309-928 3412. Please leave name, phone number and camp site number you are staying at.
- Quiet hours are 10 pm to 6 am. No park traffic during these hours as the gates are closed during this time.
- Primitive camping is allowed only on designated areas shown on the map.
- Campers are responsible for removing any garbage from their campsite before they leave and put in the proper receptacles.
- Cutting of trees or other vegetation is prohibited.
- No permanent structures, nails, or other fixtures are allowed on trees.
- Campers are responsible for their campfires and shall not leave them unattended.
- Fires must be kept in designated fire rings and must be extinguished before you leave.
There are no reservations for sites; each site is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Any property left unattended in excess of twenty-four hours is also subject to impoundment.
- No more than 2 tents or 6 people per camp site.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times.
- All pet feces must be removed and disposed of properly when you leave.
- Campers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- No alcohol allowed in the park.
- No motorized vehicles allowed.
- Local Area Hospitals: Gibson Community Hospital, Gibson City, IL. (217) 784-4251.
- Emergency Call 911
- Park address is 12853 Royal Rd. Farmer City, IL. 61842
- Park is closed from Dec 1st – March 1st.